Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy....

Well, here it has been months again. It feels like the last couple of months I just can't get it together! I feel so distracted! The only thing that I have been motivated to do is get in better shape. I joined the YMCA about 6 weeks ago and have been religiously going to the gym three times a week for the last 4 weeks. Thankfully, the YMCA has a "babysitting corner" for the boys to go to while I work out. It gives the boys a chance to play with some other kids and gives me a total of 3 hours a week with no screaming boys! :) I had also been bringing the boys into the kiddie swimming pool sometimes as often as three times a week. However, recently I have cut that down to once a week. Nathan absolutely loves the "wa-wa" as he calls it. Cole loves just about anything, so he likes it too! I have lost approx 6 pounds. I feel a little disappointed. I feel it should be more. However, I still eat like I love to eat-BADLY! I know it would probably melt off if I ate better. I want to not have to give up eating what I want. I will give it a few more weeks and if I am not losing any more weight, I will regretfully have to start watching what I eat. Either way, I am feeling better about myself by working out. I took advantage of the free personal fitness trainer/program for new members. However, I have had a hard time meeting up with the trainer due to coordinating times. I am determined I will by next week.

Nathan has still been busy with speech therapy. I switched therapists and I feel like it's night and day. The first day I heard sounds coming out of Nate that I do not ever remember hearing before. He seems so much more engaged with her and she is so much more enthusiastic. She is wonderful. She shows up everyday....on time....and with a specified project/toy each session. She always seems to have thought about it a head of time! It's nice. He still has a long way to go, but we will see. As for potty training, we have tried again the last few days and he seems to be getting back into the swing of things! He was doing wonderful until the day Jay's mom was hospitalized and then wanted nothing to do with it. It's nice to see him being a big boy again!

Cole is walking around like a mad man and into everything. He is going to be our class clown. He is just too funny and really enjoys making people laugh....more so than Nate ever did. We had his first birthday in May. It ended up being a pretty quite party, but none the less special. It's amazing to have such great friends and family. I swear he's going to be talking more than Nate soon! I swear I have heard him say "light" and "duck". I guess he will get the benefits of speech therapy too!

Jay is good as usual. Nothing really new to report with him. He has been busy obsessing about our grass and yard this year! :) He now have grass where we had the three trees removed. Perfect timing for Nate's 3rd birthday party this weekend. We also had a new front porch put on. Jay would have done it himself, but with my work schedule, he just would never have the time. Hopefully, as the boys get older, he will be able to do more projects again. The front steps are the composite decking (no maintenance-thank god). They are a little larger than the old steps which make it easier when bringing the kids in/out!
We are going on vacation August 30th to Ocean City, MD and to Washington, DC for a week. I think we are looking forward to a family vacation with just the four of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment