Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Still Recooperating





So, after a busy week or so, we are all exhausted! This past weekend was Art & Heather's wedding. It was beautiful! I didn't get very many pics and the ones I got, were not very good. I will hopefully have a decent collection of pictures though from Beth and Vanessa. Nathan did a great job as the Ring Bearer. He needed quite a bit of encouragement and some bribery with candy, but he made it down the aisle and that was all we could really ask for!


Well, we had Nathan's hearing eval today. He didn't want to cooperate fully (I still think he did a marvelous job considering he's two). We were put in a sound proof box and then the audiologist sat in another room next to us and played different tones that were relayed out of two stereo speakers. When Nathan turned toward the appropriate speaker, a light and dancing bunny came out to keep Nathan's interest to continue listening. I was told that they were testing for four tones and he completed and passed three tones. As for the fourth tone, his attention span had dropped and Cole started to cry. They want to see him again in four months. In the mean time, they advised me to call Early Intervention in our county and get a speech eval. They told me that I did NOT need the hearing eval (though my pediatrician thought we did). So I have a call into Early Intervention for his referral. We will see tomorrow I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment