Friday, October 24, 2008

Busy Week


After a busy weekend shopping in Maine with my girlfriends, it has been one busy week! The weekend was a lot of fun!! I spent a lot of money, but got a lot of stuff. Some were Christmas gifts, some stuff was what we need now, and some stuff we will need in the future (i.e. next size up shoes/clothing for Nate and Cole).


Monday I came back to having to go to the dentist. I had a partial years ago on one of my top molars and it now needed a crown. Away I went for the crown prep....I have to go back in a few weeks for the crown placement. It's going to run about $300 for our portion. OUCH! My mom watched the boys while I went to the dentist and later that day she and the boys helped me rake the backyard.


Wednesday, I brought Cole back to the doctors for I think the fourth time in 2 1/2 weeks. I am not sure the last time I updated on what's going on....basically he was on the oral steriod and the Albuterol neb treatments and he continued to wheeze and retract. They then started him on nebulized steriods twice a day and we are to continue the Albuterol nebs as needed. He is better, but still is wheezing daily. I brought him back to the doctor and they said to continue the nebs and to give it more time. They think he is most likely asthmatic and was triggered with this bout from a cold. They want us to continue the nebs through the winter. What a pain...but anything for our baby boy. Also, thank god for insurance......a 30 day supply of the Pulmicort (the nebulized steriod) would have been $475....it cost us $25. That would have been very costly to continue through the winter! Well, we will see how things go!


Thursday, Nathan had his first speech therapy. I am hoping things will be better in the future, because I was not impressed. First off, the therapist was 20 minutes late with no phone call or excuse. She was here for I think about 40 minutes and basically only went over history information again with me and let Nate play with a shape sorter and a Mr. Potato-Head (toys he already has). He is supposed to be seen twice a week (Mondays and Thursdays), but next week she has a conference and will be out of town both of those days. She said she will be here Wednesday at least, but she seemed a little flighty and I just hope that she will not be re-arranging the schedule every week and then not seeing him at all or only once a week. Well, once again we will wait and see how it goes!!





1 comment:

  1. Sounds like things were pretty busy for you this week! I hope for Nate (and your) sake that the next visit with the speech therapist goes better. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete