Friday, September 5, 2008

Early Intervention Appointment

So, just as an update (again), the Early Intervention Coordinator came over on Tuesday. I was surprised that she was here for about 1 1/2 hours. She asked just about everything about Nathan from the womb to now. Thank goodness Nathan was napping so I could focus on remembering milestones, history, etc without getting out his baby book. Cole sat contently on my lap during the meeting. Needless to say, we are all set and his eval is on September 22nd. I did not realize though that they will be evaluating him from all angles (not just speech). The team (speech pathologist and psychologist) will evaluate: physical, cognition and memory, social-emotional, etc. I will have to say I am a bit nervous!! If he qualifies for services (which I am sure he will), therapy should start soon there after.

In the mean time, we enjoyed some time away from home this past week. The kids and I (with the help of my lovely mother), went down state to my Aunt's house to see my cousin and her husband from California. Jay stayed home, had a night to himself, and went for a ride on his motorcycle. We had a good time and lucky for me, the kids were pretty good. I was nervous! It was Cole's first time sleeping anywhere away from home. I know he's pretty adaptable, but I just didn't want him waking up during the night screaming and wake everyone up....which he didn't. He does have his first cold though....poor little guy! As for Nate, the trip was the first time for him to sleep in a "big boy bed". I was of course sleeping with him though, thank God, because he would have ended up on the floor several times. He slept through the night still, so what more could I have asked for. Although, what a bed hog!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you got away.. i am sure that was before i saw ya the other day.. it was nice visiting... we'll have to do it again soon.. as for nate.. i am sure he will do fine.. i'll add you and your family to my prayer list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear Jay got some time without some stresses (What a GREAT wife and mother you are!) and that the boys were good for you! I'm sure everything will go well with Nate's eval and just know that if it turns out that he does qualify for services, you are being the best parent & mother you can be by recognizing it and seeing that he has every opportunity he can get in life!

    ReplyDelete